Sunday 13 January 2013

Wrapping up warm




Winter has arrived although I have yet to see any snow the overnight temperature is plunging below zero. Decided it would be prudent to cover some of my globe artichokes with fleece and the rest with straw. The plants are still young and hopefully I should pick my first ever homegrown globes later this year.





Meanwhile my garlic is doing well and actually needs some cold weather to encourage it to form bulbs. This is my first successful attempt at growing garlic, my earlier effort last Spring was a total disaster with not a single one appearing. I now realise that I planted them too deep in a heavy soil. This time I chose a bed with a lighter soil and planted more shallower

There is a video on YouTube that shows you: How to plant garlic video

No comments:

Post a Comment